29 Dec Hit & Run Injuries
Hit-and-run car accidents are particularly traumatic and often brutal. This event can create several problems, especially if the driver cannot be found. You could be left reeling and negotiating with insurance companies for just a small amount of compensation. For these reasons, it’s crucial to consult with a personal injury lawyer on Long Island immediately. Our team at Tannenbaum, Bellantone, & Silver, P.C. would like to share more information regarding hit-and-run injuries, so continue reading to learn more!
Hit and Run Injuries
When your life has been turned upside down by a driver who fled the scene of an accident, it’s essential to consult with a personal injury lawyer on Long Island to ensure you get the compensation you deserve. Hit-and-run car accidents can cause extensive property damage and significant injuries, such as traumatic brain injury or even wrongful death. Survivors are often left dealing with severe pain and suffering and face mounting medical costs during a time when they may not be able to work. Hit-and-run accidents are often complicated by the fact that the individual who hit you fled and may be challenging to track down. Drivers often leave the scene because they were intoxicated or lack insurance. These factors make it even more important to get assistance.
How can a Personal Injury Lawyer on Long Island Help After a Hit and Run?
The laws surrounding hit-and-run accidents are complicated, and mistakes can be costly, so you should not try to handle your claim on your own. Our personal injury lawyer on Long Island at Tannenbaum, Bellantone, & Silver, P.C. knows the legal system and what it takes to get our clients the compensation they need to cover damages. Our firm has decades of experience and a proven track record of maximizing settlements, putting us in the best position to help. Some of the ways our team can help include the following:
- Filing necessary documents and paperwork in accordance with court requirements and deadlines.
- Finding the driver by interviewing first responders and witnesses for all available information. We will also gather evidence from traffic cameras and medical and police reports. In some cases, we may also hire a private investigator.
- Negotiating with insurance companies and their legal teams. New York State’s no-fault insurance system covers medical expenses, household services, and lost wages up to your coverage limits. If the driver has no insurance or cannot be found, your own uninsured motorist personal injury insurance can pay for your suffering. However, insurance companies will try to get you to settle for the lowest possible amount. Our attorneys are adept at combating insurance companies and know their tactics, so we will fight aggressively for a fair settlement on your behalf.
- Bolstering your case and arguing in court if your case goes to trial.
In order to achieve a successful outcome for your hit-and-run case, our attorneys will need to prove that the defendant was negligent and at fault. Responsible people are legally obliged to behave in a way that doesn’t harm others, or they may be held liable. Our attorneys can help you achieve damages for the injuries and losses you suffered in the accident. Some of the damages you may receive include:
- Current medical and rehabilitation expenses and expenses estimated for the future.
- Property damage.
- Lost wages and loss of future income.
- Pain and suffering.
- Loss of quality of life.
- Emotional distress.
- Punitive damages.
Contact Our Personal Injury Lawyer on Long Island
At Tannenbaum, Bellantone, & Silver, P.C., our personal injury lawyer on Long Island knows how to get results for our clients. Our decades of experience can be your greatest asset. We will work with you and your loved ones to ensure you understand the path to compensation and help you recover from this traumatic event. Contact our law office to learn more about hit-and-run accidents and request a consultation today!